I'm at a loss for a topic to blog about, so I thought I'd just share with you a list of ten purposeless items. Because 1.) I'm quite purposeless and 2.) alliteration is awesome. Eight Things on Tuesday doesn't quite have the same ring as Ten Things on Tuesday, no?
- I bought a lot of vegetables today. I went to the commissary for 20 items, but decided to forgo the quicky self checkout (limited to 20 items) and buy a bunch of extra produce and other things
I didn't really need.
- I think the word random is overused. Hence my use of purposeless up above. I did a search for synonyms for random; purposeless was listed. So was adventitious. I don't know what adventitious means, so I didn't use it.
- I'm tired. Mind, body and soul. But mostly my legs. And eyes.
- I haven't slept restfully for quite some time, but last night was particularly restless. At one point I swear my doorbell rang at 4 am. I'm sure it was in my dream but I wasn't about to go downstairs to see if it was, in fact, my doorbell. The bell didn't ring again, and we're all alive and well, so I really think it was in my dream. Also, before bed I read a book in which one of the characters had a prowler near her house. Perhaps I should read something a little more happy-dream friendly before bed?
- I'm back on the green smoothie bandwagon. Thus my sudden coveting of a Vitamix. I always give up green smoothies when it's cold, because frozen drinks in January don't sound the slightest bit appealing. Now that spring has sprung, I'm drinking my greens again.
- I've been adding half a scoop of Craig's muscle man protein powder to my daily smoothie. Given the combo of green spinach and protein powder, I think I may turn into the Incredible Hulk.
- I tried to be a snoop today, but traffic foiled my plans. You see, my friend and her family are moving here next month. They've been offered a house on the military base and I was going to go check it out and take pictures of it for them. Except road work and a backed up highway caused me to abort my plans. Oh well. I'll try again another day. Or, you know, when the traffic delays are non-existent. Except in Northern Virginia that will be NEVER.
- Sunday is Caroline's Girls on the Run 5k race. Rain is forcasted. It rained last year at this very same race when I ran with our neighbor. I suppose a little rain is better than the freezing temperatures we ran in during the GOTR Reindeer Romp in December. It's a good thing running races aren't beauty contests.
- I bought International Delight's Almond Joy
deliciousliquidchemicaldeathcoffee cream. Have I ever mentioned how much I dislike the word creamer? Sheesh, what is my problem?! Anyway, no matter what you call it, this variety is really tasty. I give it two thumbs up.
Are you jealous?
During marathon training, I ran with a CamelBak, but it was a huge pain to deal with. It leaked. It was heavy. It made me chafe. I kind of hated it.
Hopefully I'll like this option better.
Whew, that took longer than I expected.
Who knew being purposeless could be so time consuming? :)