Thursday, May 12, 2011

Discount Shopping At the Dentist




So, I went to the dentist today.  In the spirit of honesty and full disclosure, I shall admit to you, my dental transgressions. I've been a bad girl; I haven't had a dental cleaning since we moved to Virginia.  Three years ago.  I know!  I'm not particularly afraid of the dentist, I just never got around to making an appointment for myself.  Since Caroline goes to a pediatric dentist, I actually had to find my own family dentist and well, it that just seemed like it required way too much effort.

I know.

Lame, lame, lame.

Anyway, because I know my way around a toothbrush and am proficient with dental floss, my teeth are in very good condition. Because of this, the  hygienist and dentist didn't yell at me for being so negligent.  No cavities, either.  Holla.

However, my gums, while healthy, have begun to recede a bit.  Therefore an electric toothbrush was suggested.

Lucky for me, the dentist office has a convenient selection of electric toothbrushes for the patients to purchase at their leisure.



Everything comes in such a fancy bag nowadays.



I'm now the proud owner of an electric toothbrush WITH a digital timer to time my tooth brushing sessions AND a sensor that beeps when you're pushing to hard on your gums.

Fancy.

But the best part is the bargain aspect of this whole deal.  You know how much I love a bargain, right?

Well, this toothbrush, which according to the handy sign displayed on the receptionist's desk retails for $160, was on sale for $99.

In addition to that killer sale, I was also given a 50% off coupon and a $15 rebate.

$35!



Coupons and rebates at the dentist?  Oh my!

I've never been so happy to buy a $35 toothbrush in my life.

1 comment:

Penny Auctions said...

Three years is surely a very long time to be visiting a dentist.