Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Wilted




Remember my beautiful, fully bloomed azaleas?




They're not so beautiful anymore.  I guess the saying about beauty being fleeting is spot on where azaleas are concerned.

 


Dried out.



Droopy.



Wilted.



Dessicated.



Shriveled.




If that's not a metaphor for life then I don't know what is.

;)


In other news (I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I use that phrase way too much) I spent a good portion of the afternoon organizing my pantry and it is still a mess.  Someone should slap me, or at least try to stop me, the next time I say I need to go grocery shopping.  We have entirely too much food.

I can't help it; I'm weak in the presence of a good deal.  Speaking of which, I got a steal of a deal on Quaker instant oatmeal and am now the proud owner of four boxes, all of which cost a total of $2.88.  I told you it was a good deal!  They were at a closeout price of $1.72 each, plus each box had a $1/1 coupon affixed to it.  It would be a sin to pass up .72 oatmeal.

Because I eat odd things, I mix the package of oatmeal with a carton of plain greek yogurt to make overnight oats.  Overnight oats look and sound gross, but they're really quite tasty.  I keep it simple and top with sliced banana and a sprinkle of cinnamon.  The protein from the yogurt plus the carbs from the oatmeal really works well to fuel my workouts.

In more other news (!) Craig couldn't get his money back from his airline purchase.  I guess travel insurance isn't always helpful?  He even pulled the deployment card and they wouldn't budge.  So now he has a $400 airplane credit to use up within the next 12 months.  Unfortunately, he won't be doing a whole lot of US domestic air travel in the next 12 months. 

Eh.  That's life.

How zen of me.

I can't fault the guy.  Besides I had my own money oopsie last week which resulted in a nearly doubled cell phone bill.  Given the amount of mistakes I've made lately and how forgetful I've been, I'm beginning to think my brain is on an extended spring break.

Or perhaps it's as wilted and shriveled as my azaleas?

No comments: