Thursday, February 10, 2011

Delicious Liquid Chemical Death

And I'm not talking about Diet Pepsi.  Not this time, anyway.





I'm talking about this stuff:



Now, don't be judging my surplus supply of Coffee Mate; I scored them in a double coupon bonanza deal.  Otherwise, I might have two bottles on hand, but surely not six.

Let's face it, Coffee Mate is liquid chemical death.  There isn't a redeeming nutrient to be found inside that bottle of creamy, flavored deliciousness and for the most part, I don't care.  I mean, I care a little bit, because I do try to eat healthfully, but evidently I don't care enough to quit the habit.

My current flavor obsession is cinnamon bun. 



Holy heck, this stuff makes coffee taste so good.

I just avoid reading the label as I dump it in my coffee.

My other new obsession is the coconut flavoring for coffee at Dunkin Donuts.  I'm sure, like the Coffee Mate, it's a squirt of coconut flavored chemicals of death, but it's just so good.    Why are all the tasty things so bad for you?  I like whole foods and eat lots of fruits and vegetables and Nutella whole grains, but it seems like I only get addicted to the things that are zapping my innards with their chemical laden deliciousness.

On the other hand, perhaps these liquid chemicals of death are actually preserving my insides.  That's what preservatives do, right?  They preserve. 

I know.....I'm shameful.

No comments: