Thursday, May 19, 2011

Odds and Ends

I've had a busy day today (I know, I'm as surprised as you!) and don't have a whole lot of time to blog before it's time to pick Caroline up from school.  I just have a few quick things to share with you today; all of which begin with the letter C. 

How alliterative of me.


Coconut

source



Starbucks has introduced a line of coconut flavored beverages.  Coconut is a love it or hate it type of ingredient and I happen to adore it.  I've had three coconut flavored mistos in the past two weeks and I'm falling more and more in love with them each time.  Today's coconut misto was the best yet.  The barista put toasted coconut on the top, which was a nice addition.  Well, it was nice once I figured out why my coffee was chunky.  Chunky coffee is generally a huge turnoff, but when the chunks are discovered to be bits of toasted coconut, it's all good.

Corn





Fresh corn is back in season.  To celebrate, I've been making skillet corn.  You should give it a try, too.

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake



This picture is my laptop's wallpaper background.  I've been tempted to lick the screen because it looks so good.

Computer

GreatOdd news!

My computer, the one with the wonky virus, mysteriously started working again this morning.  Craig tried to help me fix it over the phone but we weren't successful.  Or so we thought.  Or perhaps spewing profanities, kicking lightly tapping  your computer and referring to it as a 'good for nothing hunk of junk' works better than all that technical mumbo jumbo.  Maybe I shamed it into working again?

Whatever the case, it's working.  For now. 

It's a good thing I bought a new one.  Or, whatever. 

Eh, if you can't spend all of your hard working husband's money, what good is life?  ;)


Clothes

source


I want this shirt.

There's another one that says "Peace, Love, Broccoli."  I can't decide which one I like better. 


(C)Flowers  (so much for my alliterative theme)

So, my azaleas may be droopy and lifeless,




but look what popped up!



Believe it or not, this is a weed.  Or so I'm told.




At least it's a pretty weed.




Okay, time to get Caroline!

No comments: