Friday, May 20, 2011

True Story

True story:  I was doing laundry earlier and noticed how light my detergent bottle was feeling.  "Oh no," I said to myself.  "I'm almost out of detergent and I didn't pick any up at the store today."


And then I looked up.





Apparently I forgot buying four bottles of laundry detergent.

Go figure.

I suppose I'm not in danger of running out of fabric softener, either.





I'm generally not a laundry products hoarder, but I had some awesome $3 off Gain fabric softener coupons a few months ago.  The commissary had it on sale for $3.20; I had four coupons and ended up paying .80 for four bottles of Gain fabric softener.


True story:  I made that little banner at the top of the page.  I found a free template online and added the title.  If you understood my lack of computer prowess, you'd be very impressed by this.  I was having a heck of a time getting the banner to center properly, even after reading and re-reading the instructions.  Evidently if you miss one measly number in the code you must enter, the banner won't center.  All it took was the addition of a number 1 and the banner is now centered.

Want another true story?  Things are better in threes, right?

Yesterday, I told you I had a busy day.  I was busy, but truth be told, I wasn't busy splicing atoms or curing cancer.  I was busy shopping (and stuffing Thursday folders and going to the dentist to have cement from my old permanent retainer polished off my teeth).

I went bathing suit shopping.

NOT for me.  That's something I only do when absolutely necessary.

I went bathing suit shopping for Caroline.



I brought home five different suits to have her try on.



Two fit perfectly; the other three will be returned.



She needed goggles, too.



And a fuzzy green pillow and a matching bin to contain the junk in her room.



It's good to be Caroline. 

True story.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Love the new banner! Good job!

joshkc said...

have you ever watched "Hoarders"? ; )