Saturday, May 14, 2011

Tech Woes

My desktop computer, which is an archaic dinosaur that probably needs to be put out of its misery, has a virus.  One of those 'WARNING:  Your computer is unprotected, please order our anti-virus software NOW" kind of things.  Ugh, what a pain.

My computer is protected.  Or at least it WAS protected.  I don't know.  All I know is that I cannot connect to the Internet, which is a huge bummer.

And now let us say a prayer of thanksgiving for my laptop, which shall sustain me and my unhealthy Internet addiction until my desktop's virus ceases to exist.

In case you didn't know, I'm not a tech person. I can turn it on,surf the web and pen this tragic blog, but as far as understanding anything in the computer vernacular is, well, like a foreign language to me.  And as luck would have it, computer issues ONLY arise when Craig is gone.

Just why is that? Really?

Does anyone know the answer because I'm dying to know why?

Anyhow, until Craig can help me figure out what to do, over the phone from 1000+ miles away,  our desktop is out of commission.  We've been talking a lot about replacing it, because it's an archaic dinosaur, but I've been holding on. I have faith in our old, but trustworthy computer.  It just takes a certain amount of patience and finesse to coax it into firing up every morning.  Despite my best efforts, it looks like I won't be holding out for much longer.  I can feel my grip slowly releasing and I'm warming to the idea of a brand spankin' new computer.

I do like shiny things.

Craig happens to adore spending money, so the idea of a new computer purchase makes him downright giddy. 

In other news, I thought I misplaced my ipod.  It was nowhere to be found in the house, in my gym bag or in either car.  So, I drove to my gym because I was SURE I'd left it in the locker room.  The ipod was nowhere to be seen in the locker room, nor in the lost and found, so I drove home, only to remember halfway home that I put my ipod in MY SHOE.  Seriously.  In my SHOE!

I even said out loud (to no one, because I was driving alone), "It's in my shoe!" 

I quit.

1 comment:

Sam B. said...

Let me know if I can help with your PC.

Sam