Monday, July 5, 2010

Sporadic

(source)


I hope that's not the case.

You'll remember me, right?

Even though I won't be blogging from my bedroom floor (or from my desk, if I'm feeling especially proper) for two weeks, I'll still be kicking. However, you're in for a treat; instead of complaining about the daily minutiae of my life, while trying to hide from Caroline and her crazy friends, I'll, well, I'll still be complaining. Would you expect anything else? However, for two whole weeks I will not be whining about a wild stampede of children infiltrating my obscenely neat house; instead I'll be simultaneously hiding from and complaining about my crazy parents. Ha!


Same Alison. Different location. Different set of complaints.


As you can see, we survived our flight and arrived safely in sunny Florida. The weather is pretty gross today; rainy and HUMID. Virginia has been unusually sunny lately, but it's also supposed to be in the upper 90's next week. I'm not sure what is worse.

Anyway, upon our arrival in Florida (aka the "land of grandmas" as Caroline calls it), my hair has not only curled into a big pile of humidity induced frizz, but it has turned gray, as well. That's what happens in Florida. I'm pretty sure I might have arthritis now, too.

Since I'm at my parent's house, my posting might be a little bit sporadic for the next two weeks.

I didn't bring my laptop with me because it's just one more thing to lug around the airport and also because my parents don't have wireless Internet. McDonald's does, as my dad informed me, but blogging from McDonald's might not be all that convenient. I *could* try to steal wi fi from one of my parent's neighbors, per my sister's suggestion, but they live next to a bunch of senior citizens, who probably don't have much need for wi fi. Not to mention, the proper vision or manual dexterity to operate a computer.


Oh, I kid.


I'm also dying to make a "tip calculator" joke, but if you're not a Seinfeld fan, the joke wouldn't go over well.

As you can see, I enjoy poking fun at the elderly. In good, non-mean spirited, Christian fun, of course!

Thankfully my mom and dad are still young and spunky and not grumpy old people.

Yet.

However, the font size on their computer is incredibly large. I can't complain too much, though, because I find the large font particularly eye appealing since I'm not wearing my glasses. Ahem.


Anyway, despite my hit or miss computer time, I'll do my best to keep you informed of all our vacation related shenanigans. Because I'm sure you won't be able to live without my updates. But, I should also warn you that this vacation will be mostly shenanigan free because a) hello, have we met? I'm boring and b) we're in Retirement-ville, USA. When I told people about our impending trip they'd usually say "oh, wow, you're going to Florida, how fun" to which I replied, "uh uh." I mean, don't get me wrong, my parents are great, but Inverness, Florida isn't the beach. Or Disney World. Thankfully my sister-in-law has a brood of 7 children, who have not only helped to significantly lower the average median age range in their county, but are loads of fun to boot.

I'm sure PLENTY of shenanigans ensue at her house. With seven kids, shenanigans are expected.


We're looking forward to the entertainment.

Caroline is participating in a day camp at my mom's church this week, so she'll be MIA during the day. As I'm told, my dad has "plans" for me. I'm not sure what these "plans" are, but I was informed that he asked my mom whether or not I know how to clean an oven.

Why yes, dad, I do know how to clean an oven. I may not clean my oven as often as my cooking mishaps (like here and here) might dictate, but it's safe to say that oven cleaning is definitely within the parameters of my domestic goddess expertise.


Let the shenanigans begin!

No comments: