Saturday, July 3, 2010

Blue Plate Special

I bought a blue plate the other day. Just one blue plate. Oh, and a colorful place mat, too.

I have an obsession with square plates, but have yet to find the "perfect" set. Every time I go to a store that sells dishware, I peruse the aisle and drool over the square plates. They're all nice, but nothing has really spoken to me; I think plates should speak to you before you buy them. But, maybe that's just me.

I like the blue plate I bought, but I'm not sure that I want a whole set this color. I actually bought this particular plate because sometimes I want to photograph something to put on the blog and I'm tired of the plate I usually use. This blue is vibrant and hopefully complimentary to the things I choose to photograph.



The plate has been sitting for a few days and I haven't found anything to photograph since then. I must have been feeling a bit whimsical this morning because I found myself with my camera, my new plate and it's accompanying place mat and a few pantry items.






What, you don't take pictures of lentils, split peas and gum in the shape of your first initial on Saturday mornings?

Honestly, I'm not sure what inspired me to do it, either.




Maybe it has something to do with the fact that Caroline came into my bed around six and then proceeded to shove her knobby knees into my side until I got fed up and went downstairs. Rather untypically, she slept past 8 am, which means I couldn't shower, make my bed or get ready for the day. You know, because, she was IN MY BEDROOM. I realize I could have showered anyway, BUT she never sleeps in and could have really benefited from the extra sleep.

So, I took pictures of candy and legumes, instead.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha I love it! You always make me giggle. The gum was classic!

Alison said...

My pantry is looking a little sparse, so I didn't have much to work with! ;)