Friday, July 2, 2010

Sleepover Central

After I put the kibosh on sleepovers last Monday, we've enjoyed some quiet evenings at home. School has only been out for a week and I felt it was prudent to pace ourselves a little. Well, much to my displeasure, our string of quiet nights came to an end last night. All good things must come to an end, right? Caroline, the consumate hostess, a hostess in dire need of an overnight guest, invited her friends, Sarah and Rachel, for a sleepover.

And what do you get when you have three girls camping out in your living room?

Well, you get this:




They grabbed every blanket and pillow in the house and they each created their own little forts.

The friend who stays over most often, Bailey, creates much less of a mess when she sleeps over. She and Caroline quietly watch tv and then go to bed, no later then 10pm, in Caroline's room.

When Sarah and Rachel sleepover, which is a rare occurrence, things get a little messier.


Exhibit A:


Exhibit B:




Exhibit C:



The girls were uncharacteristically rambunctious last night. After requesting snacks at 10:30 pm, I had to kick them out of my room at 11 and make them go to bed.

They went to bed at 11 and were up before 7. Let me just say that being woken up to the sounds of a Justin Bieber song being played on Sarah's radio isn't my favorite way to start the day. "Baby, baby, baby ohh."

On the bright side, Sarah and Rachel's mom kept Caroline this morning while I went to the gym. I'm not entirely sure that this was a fair trade BUT I'm not picky and I'll take what I can get.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will take any time I can get too! I am happy to walk around the store for 20 min by myself!

Alison said...

I know what you mean. I was even able to hop over to the grocery store, which is across the parking lot from my gym, and pick up some milk and bananas. It's nice to shop alone!