Friday, July 16, 2010

So Long Sunshine State




Because nothing says small town like taking pictures of the sunset in the Walmart parking lot. But, you have to admit that Florida has some gorgeous sun sets. Although, once you learn that my hometown holds an annual Cooter Festival every October, taking sunset pictures at Walmart doesn't seem so bad.

Can I get an amen?

Oh, and in case you were wondering, a cooter is a freshwater turtle. See, you learn all kinds of useless trivia here at The Neurotic Housewife.

Caroline and I are packing up and heading home tomorrow. Sure, the airplane ride that awaits us leaves me feeling a bit unsettled, but I must admit that knowing we'll be missing out on more good times with our family is worse. Honestly, I'm kind of a curmudgeon when it comes to vacations. Even though I know I'll have a good time, I generally do not get very excited about them, initially. Being a pessimist, my first instinct is to think about the negatives: not sleeping in my own bed, missing my kitchen and my gym, and let's not forget the anxiety of airplane travel. It never fails that as soon as we get to our destination, those negative thoughts are instantly erased. It happens every time.

You'd think I would have learned that by now.

My point is that we had a really great time. Between spending time with my parents and Craig's sister and her large family, Caroline and I were constantly fed and entertained. We saw elephants, cows, ostriches and pigs. We swam, roller skated, baked, fell in love with golf carts and ate more delicious pizza than we have in years.

I have more pictures to share, but that will have to wait until we get back to Virginia. I'm eager to sleep in my own bed and go to the gym, but at the same time, we'll miss the fun we had and the great family we're leaving behind in Florida.

So, thanks mom and dad. Thanks for letting us clutter up your office/spare room for two weeks. Thanks for being our chauffeur and for not throttling us for disrupting your quest for peace and quiet. Also, thanks to KC, Josh, Samantha, Brody, Brock, Brent, Rainie Grace, Rebekah and Brandel for keeping us entertained, energized and filled to the brim with pizza and homemade caramel macchiatos. We had a blast!

No comments: