Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Blue Skies

Our first few days in Florida have been marked with perpetual cloudy skies and thundershowers. I'm sure the gloomy weather has nothing to do with the fact that I entered the state; I'm not really like Eeyore, walking around with a storm cloud that follows me, right?

This afternoon, I looked outside and couldn't believe how blue and beautiful the sky was.







The afternoon thunderstorm clouds look like they're moving in, which isn't a surprise. However, it was really nice to catch a glimpse of those cheerful blue skies.

In other news, I've been home at my parent's house all day. It's been nice and quiet, which, as you know, I tend to like. As I was searching the cupboards for coffee filters earlier, I came across something that made me chuckle.

Here's the thing: my mom is a talented, fun, good natured person. She has good taste, shares my disdain for clutter and is pretty hard to make mad. However, her kitchen is a mess. Not physically a mess, mind you; her kitchen is rather lovely. It's her cupboards that bother me so.

Clearly my mom is not a baker.

I found some baking powder and corn starch in her pantry



with this expiration date:


Um, yeah.

I think it's time for some new baking powder, mom.

I had a good chuckle and threw the old stuff away. She also had a container of cocoa powder that expired in 2008, but I didn't get a picture of it.

It's all good, though.



Because she has Nutella.

If you've ever had Nutella, you know what I mean.

No comments: