Saturday, July 17, 2010

Home

This is just a quickie post, but I thought I'd pop on to say that we're home. Aside from my obvious air plane worries, the two things I feared the most upon returning home (air conditioning conking out and the cars not starting) didn't happen. Hooray! We have a cool house and two cars that start.

Our flight was fine. Well, except for the landing, where I really thought we were going to run full speed off the runway and stop nose first into the Potomac river. Thank goodness for brakes that work.

Also, I did not anticipate returning home and finding 56 dead flies on my living room carpet. I assure you, this is not an exaggeration; I counted 56 flies.

Otherwise, we have no food. I have a pile of laundry to do. Oh, and I need to vacuum.

Okay, that's all for this mini update. I'll be back with pictures once I collect my thoughts and remember where I misplaced my brain.

:)

2 comments:

Sissy said...

What's up with the flies? Ugh. That is really gross. Better that you came home to flies than non-working A/C, though. We came home from Cancun to a broken A/C and it was hot!

Alison said...

Yes, dead flies are way better than no a/c. I actually found 5 more flies, so the tally is at 71, now. Several of our neighbors have experienced a/c problems this summer and I'm waiting for ours to conk out. However, the beauty of renting is that our landlord has to pay the costly repairs. But, as hot as it has been, I certainly don't want to go a minute without it.