Monday, February 14, 2011

Be Mine


It's that time again. 

The day of lurve.  Pinky, flowery, chocolatey, mushy-gushy lurve.

If you've been reading for any length of time, you'll know by now that this Neurotic Housewife hasn't one single solitary mushy-gushy, lovey-dovey cell in her entire body.

Even though my expectations are low (pretty much non existent) I don't loathe Valentine's Day at all.  I love pink and flowers and chocolate just as much as the next girl; I just simply don't care one way or another if I'm given anything on February 14th. 

Candy. GOOD.

Sappy card.  BAD.




I tried on two separate occasions to find a good Valentine card for Craig, but failed miserably both times.  They were all sappy, stupid, mushy, non-applicable or poetic.  I hate poetry.  ESPECIALLY sappy poetry.

Caroline's class held their party today.




I wore my festive socks to mark the occasion. 

There were SO MANY cookies in that classroom, but that is what being a kid is all about, right?  What could be better than feasting on fruit punch and cookies an hour before lunch time while passing out Valentines and Candy Grams. I'm sure sooner or later Michelle Obama will work her magic and ban all sugar from school classrooms, so until then, I say let them eat cookies.

I wish I could eat that many cookies without suffering any waistline increasing consequences.

Since my funny valentine is in Texas, and also because I couldn't care less about celebrating, Caroline got the Valentine prize today.

A cheeky little monkey.



Isn't he cute? 

And so smiley, too.



Obviously, this monkey is relieved that he doesn't have a girl back in the jungle who is fully expecting him to bring her a bouquet of palm fronds and a bunch of chocolate covered bananas to prove how much he loves her.

Even primates have high expectations.

Anyway, if you like the sap, the heartfelt words and candle lit dinners, I hope you have a wonderful Valentine's Day.

And if you're like me and would much rather your husband throw away his used dental floss than give you  a bunch of overpriced roses, have a great day, too!


No comments: