Thursday, March 26, 2009

Ugly Breakfast

My breakfast on weekday mornings is always the same.
That shouldn't surprise you, as I'm quite notably a creature of habit.
I used to eat Kashi Go Lean and vanilla soy milk every morning, but I got bored with cereal.

Now I eat plain yogurt with honey, cottage cheese, unprocessed bran, ground flax meal and a sliced banana all mixed up on a bowl.
It's filling, healthy, protein packed for my gym workout and it tastes pretty good.


But it is UGLY.


I told you so.


I really like Greek yogurt because it is so thick, but it's cha-ching! expensive. I just buy a big tub of fat free Dannon plain yogurt. It's not the same, but as long as I add some honey and mix it all up together, it works.


Now that I've grossed you out with my bland, monochromatic breakfast, here's a pretty picture of the snickerdoodle bundt cake I made yesterday.



It has a crunchy cinnamon sugar crust, just like a snickerdoodle, which happens to be one of my favorite cookies. It's a toss up between snickerdoodles and oatmeal raisin.

Craig brought the cake today for his work pig in. I left him a plastic baggie and a note that said "If you know what's good for you, you'll bring home a slice of the cake for Caroline. She's cranky when she doesn't get any cake." Hopefully he'll steal a slice and put it in the baggie to bring home.

Otherwise we may have to deal with the wrath tears of one annoyed and disappointed cake lover.

No comments: