Sunday, March 22, 2009

Spring Is In The Air

I'm actually seeing some blooms on the trees; that's a cheerful sight.
I'm not much of a horticulturist, meaning, I've murdered every plant I've ever owned, and I'm a little concerned about the status of our outside landscaping.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the impending April showers, which bring those lovely May flowers, will help liven up our plants.
If not, I don't think our landlords will be all that happy.

It's a good thing I'm better about keeping people alive.

Regardless of the spring-ness of the outdoors, we're in full spring swing inside.
I pulled out our Easter decorations and yesterday we dusted off the Jello Egg mold





Photos courtesy of Kraftfoods.com



A true sign of spring.


I'd say I true sign of Easter, but then that would make me seem a wee bit shallow. I wouldn't want the religious significance of Easter to be over shadowed by Jello.



In all honesty, I don't really get all that jazzed about Jello anymore.

It's alright.

Wiggly. Jiggly. Sweet. Fun.

But, it's Jello.
Caroline however, loves these things.

Today we chose a Jello Fusion flavor, which is a mix of cherry, orange and pineapple jello.
It sure did smell nice and fruity.


When talking about favorite Easter treats, I much prefer these.




Photo courtesy of Hersheys.com



Oh, boy do I love those mini eggs. So much, in fact, that I can ONLY buy them in the little baggies. You can buy them in a big bag, which is much more economical, but I'm smart enough to recognize my limits. I'm cheap frugal, but not stupid.

A normal person who understand portion control could buy a big bag and eat a few at a time.

Not me.

Not in a million years.

I've tested myself and failed at this practice way too many times. As Kenny Rogers so rightly said, "you gotta know when to hold em, know when to fold em." Now, I do have enough self control to not eat the entire bag in one sitting, but I surely would find my way over to the bag and grab a handful here and there. I have big hands; clearly it wouldn't take very long to see an empty bag.

The stores around here have been selling them for .50 a bag. Ever willing to do my part for economic stimulation, I've been joyfully buying them.

The first time I found them, I sang a few "hallelujahs" and I bought two bags. One, begrudgingly for Craig, and the other for me. Craig ate his quickly, but I wanted to wait for the right moment to savor their hard shelled creamy chocolate goodness. Well, when the right moment arrived, guess what? SOMEBODY very stupidly carelessly ate my bag of mini eggs. He looked rightly scared when I approached him regarding the subject. Ever the humble, meek and gentle spirited person I am, I forgave the little rat. And bought four more bags.

Shh, don't tell Craig, I hid a bag somewhere deep in the pantry.

No comments: