Friday, March 6, 2009

Confession Time

Forgive me Martha (Stewart) for I have sinned.
I've egregiously besmirched the homemaker's creed.

I did a load of laundry three days ago when I realized Caroline didn't have any clean socks. Evidently she wore every pair she owned on the snow day so her feet would stay warm. Warm feet are important, so I'll give her a pass. Anyway, I feel compelled to confess to you all that I've purposely neglected that stupid load of laundry. It has been sitting in the dryer for three days and most likely more wrinkled than I'd care to imagine.
I don't have a good excuse. My computer is right next to the laundry room and I knew full well that this load of clothes needed to be folded. And yet, I haven't done a darn thing about it.

This is so unlike me.
Usually I'm all on top of household stuff. I can't think straight if the house is cluttered.

I even have to wash towels, but have been putting it off because then I'd have to fold the laundry that has been stuffed in the dryer for the past three days. I'm not sure why I'm being so stubborn and lazy.

I'm using this confession time to shame myself into folding that laundry. I started the dryer up to get everything fluffy and unwrinkled and hopefully facilitate the laundry folding process.
And then I'll put the towels in the wash.
And I'll fold those too.

There, I feel better now.

No comments: