Thursday, September 30, 2010

Rainy Day = Nappy Time

I was up late last night, unable to calm my mind and fall asleep.  My mind was racing.  My head was filled with thoughts of buffet lamps, storage trunks and an affordable couch to fill the huge empty area in our upstairs living room.  I've been bit by the decorating bug again.  And, as usual, the bug bites at the most inopportune times.  You know, like when I'm about to fall asleep or after I just paid off a ginormous credit card bill.

The good news is that you can shop online at any time of the night.  I stumbled upon some potential purchases: a big storage trunk for our bedroom to house all of Craig's junk that currently resides on the floor next to his side of the bed.  And also some black buffet lamps (for $13 a piece, hooray for Target) to place on the pair of black bookshelves I have in my kitchen.  I didn't buy anything last night, but my desire to purchase some new things has been properly fueled by my late night browsing. 

The trunk is not a necessity, but I sure would like to find something for Craig to stash his stuff in.  Otherwise, he is met with disapproving frowns every time I enter the bedroom. The buffet lamps are sort of a necessity because as the sun starts setting earlier and earlier, the eat in portion of our eat in kitchen gets awfully dark.  We don't have proper overhead lighting in that portion of our kitchen, so the lamps will provide some light and ambiance.  And who doesn't want an ambient kitchen?

Anyway, the pouring rain coupled with the effects of my late night internet perusing left me feeling a wee bit sleepy this afternoon.  My living room might be missing a couch, but, on the bright side, I found the vast area of carpet covered nothingness to be the ideal nap spot.


It was a good nap.  Short, but sweet.  However, as usual, I woke from my nap with a fiery hunger.  Unfortunately that fiery hunger lead me to do some major damage to the contents of our pantry.  I devoured a few handfuls of gingersnaps followed by a bowl of cereal equal to my body weight.  And somewhere in there I ate a spoonful or two of Nutella.  Ugh.

On the bright side, Craig and I are running again tomorrow, so I suppose I can just call my snack "carb loading."

Um, yeah.  Carb loading.  That's what I'll call it.

No comments: