Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Cartwheels in the Street

It's the first day of school!!

Please forgive me, I'm having trouble containing my excitement. Sure, I love Caroline, but man, do I love her more when she's at school. Oh, that's not very nice. I'm kidding.

Sort of.

Actually, she's a good kid. Kind, polite, well behaved. I almost never have to punish her; she really is easy to get along with. But still, school is awesome. Awesome for everyone. Except all the germs. I'm not going to lie, I still get the willies thinking about the swarm of germs circulating in an elementary school classroom. Classroom = cesspool. Thankfully I've programmed Caroline accordingly; she's an expert hand washer and user of hand sanitizer. She also does not put pencils in her mouth. I think I've supplied her with enough horror stories to keep that habit at bay. She'll thank me some day.

Or write a book about me.

Anyway, it's a great day to start third grade! The sun is shining this morning and the weather was a little on the cool side. What more could you ask for?





I think my enthusiasm was unmatched, however. That's okay, she'll get over it.



See...there's a smile. Or grimace. You be the judge.



I'm not sure it's possible for her to grow any taller. I say that every year, but this year I think it's true.



Armed with a new back pack, embellished with the Washington National's mascot she bought yesterday at the baseball game Bailey's family took her to, we were off for the first of many walks to school.




It's hard to believe I have a third grader.





No time for sentimentalism, though. It's time to celebrate!

I didn't take any celebratory pictures like I did last year. If you'd like, click here and you can see me enjoying this blessed, blessed day last year. Besides, not much has changed since I took those pictures. My hair is the same, I still own that shirt, I'm still goofy, and well, I'm still quite thrilled.

No comments: