Thursday, September 16, 2010

Filling Space

Greetings,

I have nothing to say. Really. Nothing.

I feel as though I should post something, you know, to fill up space, but the problem is coming up with something to say. Some days I could type forever, but today, this week even, I'm struggling for something to say. Having nothing to blog about is obviously a symptom of a boring life.

I can't really fabricate an exciting life (I'm not that good of an actor), so instead I'll tell you about my trip to Trader Joe's. I haven't been to Trader Joe's in a few months. Last night, as I drifted off to sleep, I was hit with an urgent desire for almond butter. I honestly felt as if I could not live another day without it, so after I stuffed the Thursday folders at school and wolfed down a quick lunch, I went to Trader Joe's. I decided while I was there to just go ahead and do my regular grocery shopping. Instead of $5 for a jar of almond butter, I spent nearly $100. I know I could have spent way less on the same purchases at the commissary but I didn't feel like going to the commissary. It's somewhat unexplainable, but some days I'd rather have a tooth pulled without lidocaine then go to the commissary. There isn't any rhyme or reason to this feeling; it's completely arbitrary. Maybe it has something to do with the moon? For whatever reason, some days I'd rather spend three times as much on groceries at any other store then go to the commissary.

I guess I can be kind of capricious. Who knew? Generally I'm so level headed.

I may have spent more money then I planned, BUT on the bright side, I bought kettle corn and kalamata olive hummus. Ooh, and a huge butternut squash and a watermelon that I dropped three times while carrying it up the stairs from my car. Thankfully the watermelon didn't split open, but as a precaution, I went ahead and cut it open and chunked it up. It's a good thing I did, because about one third of the inside of the watermelon was all smushed from all the jostling and bouncing.

I still have to go to a different store tomorrow because Trader Joes, despite its awesomeness, does not carry Diet Coke. I know! Diet Coke doesn't really fit in their overall focus on healthful, all natural food.

We can't all be perfect, Trader Joes. Hrmph.

After school I'm taking Caroline to pick out some new earrings. As the rules dictate, she has to remove her earrings during soccer games; last week Caroline learned a valuable lesson: the earrings you have your ears pierced with have extra sharp points that hurt like the dickens when you put them back in your ears. Judging by her reaction to having the earrings placed back in her ears after the game, I think it's safe to say she was having ear piercing flashbacks.

We're going to buy something less painful for this Saturday's game.

I kept reminding Caroline that we have to suffer for beauty, but she didn't find my words all that encouraging. Even tough girls have a pain threshold.

No comments: