Saturday, June 5, 2010

Waddya Think?

It's been quite a while since I changed the blog background. I thought this one is a little lighter and fresher for the summer months. I also made the font one size bigger, but I think that is mostly for the benefit of my poor eyes.

Sometimes change is good, right?

While I'm here, I figure I'll take a moment to blab a bit. Just a little bit, I promise.

I forgot to bring my camera to the (last) soccer game this afternoon and, of course, Caroline scored a goal. The same thing happened two weeks ago when she scored two goals. Coincidence? Maybe?
After practically melting in the sun during the game, we went to a pool party to celebrate the end of the soccer season.

Again, no camera, so you'll have to believe me when I say a good time was had by all. The pool we went to had two diving boards; for a crowd of 8 year olds, you can imagine that the diving boards were a big hit. I only saw Caroline long enough to watch her jump a few times and give her a few pieces of pizza to munch on. Otherwise, she spent her time in the water, while I continuously ran mouth. You may not know this about me, but the only recreational sport I've ever excelled in is talking. As much as I enjoy being alone and not talking to anyone for long periods of time, given the right circumstances, I can also chat with the best of them. It's a gift.

Good news! Caroline was chosen to be on her league's 2nd grade All-Star team. We're a little surprised by the selection, but majorly proud all the same. She'll get to participate in a 2 day Father's Day Tournament at the end of the month. Should be lots of fun. In my negligence, I overlooked the initial congratulatory email the league sent. I deleted it, without even opening it, thinking it was junk about coffee sales and uniform returns. But, it wasn't. Oopsie. Good thing they sent a follow up.

Anyway, this is just a quickie post. I hope the new background is pleasing to your eyes. I'd hate to run off all 8 of my readers. Then I'd be stuck talking to myself.

And that would be sad.

:)

No comments: