Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Unashamed

Can I tell you a secret?

I love Cheetos. Love them.



Shameless love.




Crunchy. Never puffy.





I love green smoothies. I prefer chick peas to chicken. I CRAVE vegetables.





And yet, I LOVE Cheetos.

Day-glo orange, nutrient devoid Cheetos.





I even like the Cheeto dust that remains on my fingers after I've eaten them.



The big ones are the best. I pick those out first.





The puny ones receive a fair amount of love, but nothing compares to the big guys.



I love Cheetos despite the fact that they're described as "cheese flavored snacks." At least they're not "cheez" flavored snacks.

I draw the line at "cheez."




I don't even mind that they contain disodium phosphate (whatever that is) and Yellow #5 and 6.




The fact is, there is nothing natural about Cheetos; I'm pretty sure their unnatural color and overly processed nature is what makes them so appealing.

The bag says it all:




Seize the snack.


And yes, I'd also like you to know that I am unashamed for taking pictures of my afternoon snack. That's what blogging will do to you. Snacks = blog fodder.

In other news, completely unrelated to snacking, I had the pleasure opportunity to attend Caroline's school's talent show last night. It was, um, interesting to say the least. You haven't lived until you've heard three 6th grade girls singing Lady GaGa's "Telephone" song. And, even better, they sang whilst wearing gold and silver sparkly stretch pants.

Oy.

I can't say that I'm very eager for Caroline to be in the 6th grade. How is it that kids these days mature so quickly? Scary.

I have a feeling I'm going to need a lot of Cheetos to help me through the tumultuous tween years.

5 comments:

Ang said...

Cheetos are nothing to be ashamed of! lol!

My husband and I got in a huge fight about a sandwich that led him to storm out of the house and not return for 2 hours! It's pretty funny now.

Marcey said...

I didn't eat Cheetos today, but tried to drown my sorrows about school ending at Target! I think my "spree" was more expensive!

Alison said...

Ang--It's funny to look back on the dumb fights we've had over the years. I guess it's good that the big blow ups are over dumb things like honey and sandwiches and not actual, serious issues.

Marcey--I'm glad I'm not the only one sad about school ending. Shopping is the perfect way to drown your sorrows. Expensive, yes, but soul soothing, all the same. Tomorrow I'm buying myself a big iced coffee, grocery shopping alone for the last time and wallowing in self pity for the whole 2 1/2 hours the kids are in school. Ugh.

Sissy said...

Those are baked cheetos, though, right? Those aren't the full fat ones are they? Just curious.

Alison said...

Yep, those happen to be the baked kind. But, I love the real ones, too. Ooh, and the flaming cheetos. Those are awesome. I could definitely eat some of those right now.

Apropos of nothing, I need to vent: there are seven (7!) kids in my house and one of them brought over her recorder. Another just dumped the contents of his Baby Bottle Pop candy all over my carpet. School has only been out for 2 hours and 20minutes. This doesn't make me very hopeful for the rest of the summer. I think I'll leave Caroline in Florida and come move in with you. Okay?