Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Impulse Buy

Truer words have never been spoken.





I couldn't help myself.

I saw a tank top that said "I run so I can eat cupcakes" and bought it without any hesitation.  I'd be hard pressed to find another shirt in the universe that sums me up so succinctly.

Normally, I don't spend a lot on workout clothes; I'm quite fond of the afforable Champion line at Target.  I know many female exercise enthusiasts pledge their love to Lucy and Lululemon, but I have a hard time forking over lots of money for clothing I'm just going to sweat in.  Perhaps if I had any need for a ta-ta tamer, as it's so annoyingly called, I'd think differently.  However, the only thing I need to tame is my insubordinate hair and wild cravings for cupcakes, which therefore deems a $58 sports bra unnecessary. Clearly (and heartbreakingly, so) unnecessary.   

And yet, despite all that I just said in the above argument for frugal workout clothing, I decided it was completely acceptable (and necessary!) to fork over $25 for a tank top, solely because it combines my love for running and cupakes.

Speaking of cupcakes, last night I couldn't sleep and watched an episode of Cupake Wars on the Food Network.  I admit, watching a show about cupcakes at 1 am is fun, but I really would have rather been sleeping.  I had a really great workout today, which suprisingly happens often on mornings after I've slept poorly, so hopefully that will aid in making me sufficiently tired and ready for sleep tonight.

I hope so, anyway.

Dark circles and bags under your eyes are so passe.

No comments: