Thursday, March 3, 2011

Have a Seat

Come on in and have a seat.





But, only two of you.



Because my third newly purchased stool is still under construction.



Faulty screw.




Call me crazy, but I don't think screws are supposed to be bent.



Or gnarled up.




Guess I'll be sending away for a replacement.

I bought the stools to put under our kitchen island; I like to blog from the island, but our kitchen chairs are a bit too short, rendering my blogging/web surfing station  far from ergonomic.   These stools ought to do the trick.

If you're wondering, the proper stool height for kitchen islands is 24"-26".  Counter/bar height is 29"-31".  Thanks be to Google for providing me with this information.  Actually, you probably weren't wondering about determining proper stool height at all, but when I set out to buy some stools, I found this information most helpful.  I figured my good deed for the day would be to reiterate this information for your learning pleasure.

Because I'm helpful like that.

Hopefully my replacement screw won't take too long to get here.  You never know when three people might show up and want to sit on one of my stools.  Actually, chances are greather that three imaginary friends will show up and want to sit in my stools than having three actual, living breathing people come over.  Ha!

In the mean time, does anyone want to come over and help me clean up my mess?




I'll feed you a snack from my surplus cereal supply for your trouble.



Sometimes I forget I'm only feeding two people right now.



I can't help it, though.  Safeway is having a great cereal sale AND I had 3 $1 off coupons for these Quaker Oatmeal Squares.



They ended up being .50 a box.

In my ode to cereal the other day, I forgot to mention Quaker Oatmeal Squares.  I think that Quaker guy sprinkles those brown sugary squares with crack.  They're SO good.  And fiber-rific. 

Good for the heart.

In other news, Caroline brought home her music class recorder.

Send help.

4 comments:

Full of advice said...

Nice stools -- all of them!
:)
Word of advice: Don't polish them too much or they'll be slide-y and you might go flying and crack yo head.
Then you wouldn't be able to eat cereal, with a cracked head and all.

Alison said...

That's what moms are for: offering useful advice.

I do not like blood in my cereal, so I shall heed your advice.

Sissy said...

Don't you just love the recorder!? LOL. We had to learn in elementary school and then I had to play again in college for an education class. We even had to march in our college homecoming parade and play "When the Saints Go Marching In."

Alison said...

Oh my Sissy, that is hilarious.