Friday, March 11, 2011

Friday Confessional

Ack, I have to make this quick.  This is the first opportunity I've had to sit at the computer since this morning and I only have a few minutes  before I have to go pick Caroline up from school.  Anyway, as promised, today shall be a confession kind of day.  Don't get too excited though; none of these confessions are particularly juicy.

Juicy just isn't part of my life.

When it comes to plain brownies, I like the boxed mix kind the best.  You know I love to bake and I usually bake from scratch, but when it comes to plain, chocolate brownies, I think it's hard to beat the box mix variety.  They're the right amount of chewy and fudgy.  It's probably the soy lecithin, partially hydrogenated oil and artificial flavor in the ingredient list that makes them so perfect. 

I hate daylight savings time.  I don't hate it because we lose that precious hour of sleep, but rather, I hate it because I don't like when it stays light so late.  I'm definitely in the minority here, but I like when it's dark at 5:30.  I have never liked the sun staying up until 8:30pm and at this point, I'm sure that's not going to change any time soon.

Spring depresses me.  I think I have reverse seasonal affected disorder.  It's not so much spring that depresses me, because I really do love to see the blooming trees and flowers,  but it's the fact that summer (aka the sweaty-kids-aren't-in-school season) is just around the corner.  I hate summer and because spring is summer's predecessor, it bums me out.

I take Caroline's chewy kid's vitamins.  I have my own big girl vitamins, but those are icky.  I much prefer the fruity, chewy kids vitamins.

I'm afraid I'm getting dumber by the minute.  I used to keep up with the news of the day, even going so far as to label myself a news junkie.  But now?  I have no idea what's going on in the world.  Sometimes I feel bad that I'm getting dumb, but mostly, I don't care.  Ambivalent much?

I fall out of love with TV shows very easily.  Desperate Housewives.  Greys' Anatomy. Brothers and Sisters. Parenthood.  All shows I used to watch weekly.  And now?  I don't watch any of them.   My attention span must be dwindling along with my brain power. 

And yet, I can watch reruns of The Gilmore Girls and Everybody Loves Raymond (?!) without ever getting bored.  As I mentioned above, I used to watch Parenthood, mostly because I triple puffy heart love Lauren Graham and also because Craig T. Nelson has always reminded me of my dad, but I gave up on it.  And do you know why?  I gave up on it because I realized that Lauren Graham will never be Lorelei Gilmore again and it's just not the same.  Apparently I have trouble letting go.

I told you these confessions weren't scandalous. 

Okay, it's time to go get Caroline from school.  Oh, here's one more confession:  I'm always late picking her up from school even though it's a two minute walk from my house to the school.

And one more:  I'm never going to win mother of the year!

:)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I love Gilmore Girls too! Could watch every episode over and over and never get tired of them. And I felt the same way about Parenthood...ha ha!