Thursday, November 4, 2010

The Story of My Life


 So, I went to Trader Joe's this afternoon for ONE specific item




Delicious pumpkin butter.

And came home with all of this!  Not including the two jars of pumpkin butter I purposefully made the trip for.



It's the story of my life; I lacketh control in the food purchasing department. I'd show you a picture of my pantry,  but it might disturb you.  I can't help it, everything looked so good, and so seasonal.  I'm a sucker for seasonal items; it's hard to pass up  pumpkin butter, cinnamon vanilla tea and pumpkin cream cheese spread.  And earlier today I  bought gingerbread spice coffee at the commissary even though I have two nearly full bags of coffee in my pantry.  It's a sickness.

 


If this stuff tastes as good as I imagine it will, it just might change my life. 

And we all know I could use a little shake up in the life department. 

In other news, it's raining today.  Thankfully soccer practice has been cancelled, which is fine by me.  After Monday's chilly practice, where I suffered the loss of feeling in my fingers from the cold wind, I'm sort of over this season.  I think the girls are too, especially considering the fact that they're the ones actually playing soccer in the chilly temperatures, while I'm just running my mouth on the sidelines.  So instead of freezing and messing up my hair at a rainy soccer practice, we'll stay home and eat the vegetarian chili I have simmering in the crock pot.  Chili and rainy weather just go together.

As much as I enjoy rain, I do hope it will taper off over night because Craig and I have grand plans to run 16 miles tomorrow.  Yep, 16 miles.  I'm not sure how I feel about this.  However, I do know that I'll feel immeasurably better about such a long run if the rain stops.  Warm rain + running = okay.  Cold rain + running =  um, not on your life. 

I may act tough and eschew the princess mentality, but in reality, I'm a big princess.

2 comments:

Hilary said...

We have no Trader Joe's in FL. They are too good for us :( I did however force Mr. R to go to the Fairfax TJ's while he was in VA last week. I now am the proud owner of two jars of pumpkin butter. I LOVE it SO MUCH!

Alison said...

This is the first place we've lived with a Trader Joe's nearby. I'll be sad when it's time to move away. With all those Florida healthy living bloggers out there, TJs would make a killing down there. Maybe they'll listen and open a few stores up.