Monday, November 8, 2010

Got Rake?

Some trees are still full of leaves,






Others are quite bare.




And some are in between.




All I know is that sooner or later, all the leaves will be on the ground.



There are a few vibrant gems mixed in with the boring, crispy brown leaves.




And whether the leaves come from a majestic tree that reaches high into the sky,


or from the little maple tree in our back yard,


they're all coming down.



Living in a place with four distinct seasons has never made me more thankful to dwell in a townhouse.  Sure, we lack green grass, which can be kind of a bummer, BUT we don't have to mow or spend countless hours raking in the fall.  Leaf clean up is a relatively simple process, which, as the sole yard worker in the family, I really appreciate.  I've learned, though, to wait until all the trees are bare because as soon as I gather up all the leaves in our driveway, a big wind blows through and our neighbor's leaves blow onto our property.  It never fails. 

Anyway....I'm in a bit of a mood today, so instead of whining,  I thought I'd just talk about leaves.  It has just been one of those days in which I wish I could have slept through.  Blah, blah, blah.

Some days are like that.  Even in Australia.

Craig and Caroline should be home from soccer practice in a few minutes and I need to get dinner going.  I'll be back tomorrow with lots of good cheer.  Eh,  maybe?  :)

No comments: