Saturday, November 20, 2010

No Such Luck

I was hoping that I'd find something of interest to blog about this weekend, but so far, on this Saturday evening, I still have nothing.  My day went something like this:  wake up, shower, make bed, dishes, breakfast, sweep, vacuum, wash the floors, lunch, dig through boxes in the garage wondering what I did with a sprig of fake berries and foliage I bought three months ago, read outside on the sunny front porch, sit at the computer, stare at the mirror wondering why I have a rash on my chin, dinner, more sitting at the computer.

Fascinating, eh?

Caroline spent 7 (seven!) hours at her friend's house today.  She came home smiling and muddy, which means they played hard.  Just as kids should.  With Caroline out all day, I don't even have any horrific stories to tell about reckless children ruining my clean home and ransacking my pantry.

My life is tragic.

Simply tragic.

It's a good thing I don't get paid to blog.  For if I did, even my earnings would be tragic.

I think tragic is my new favorite word.  It's right up there with redemption. For instance, I have a redemption chocolate cake in the works to repay Craig's coworkers for last week's tragic (!) birthday cake offering. I'm also pepping myself up for next weekend's redemption run to make up for yesterday's tragic (!!) 18 miler.

With the the recurring use of words such as tragic and redemption in this post, you'd think I actually had problems or something.  I realize I'm being over dramatic and that my words are tinged with hyperbole, but, well....my life is as dull as dishwater.

Not that I'm complaining or anything.

I'd never do that.

Anyway, that's the scoop from the Neurotic Household.    If you can even call it scoop.

I sincerely hope your Saturday has been less tragic than mine!

No comments: