Thursday, May 20, 2010

Prophetic Genius

This is just a quickie post, but I wanted to share with you how awesomely pathetic prophetic I can be.

Yesterday in my thrilling post about running shorts and yarn, I said this:

"I have a sneaking suspicion that once the stitchery project is done, Caroline will find a way to use the remaining yarn to fashion some sort of tangled web throughout the house."

Our house is currently web free, BUT not two seconds after Caroline opened up the bag that contained all of her new stitchery goodies, she said " hey, I can use the leftover string to build a trap."

I told you.

Sure, I've been known to leave my keys in the car overnight and once accidentally got my toenail trimmed by the vacuum cleaner; I've broken numerous blenders and my cooking has the habit of setting the smoke alarm off. I'm an airhead and a klutz BUT despite all my foibles, I'm still wise to that kid of mine. Nothing gets by me.

Let's just hope this sixth sense I currently possess remains crystal clear when Caroline is a teenager.

I have a feeling I'm REALLY going to need it then.

In fact, I have another sneaking suspicion that when she's 15, I'll sincerely wish that all she wanted to do was build a yarn trap in the living room.

1 comment:

Sissy said...

Yup, you'll want that gift of prophecy later!

Thanks for all the support and the friendly comments and emails. I wish you were close by so I could get a hug, though.