Monday, May 18, 2009

Remember the Flowbee?

Picture courtesy of Flowbee.com

Sure you do.

The Flowbee is a hair cutting device you attach to your vacuum cleaner.
It was all the rage back in the day.
In fact, I remember a kid from school referring to having a hair cut as "getting flowbed."

Relax, I have not nor will I ever own or use a Flowbee.

Although....barber shop hair cuts aren't cheap and Craig gets a hair cut twice a month. This could save some serious cash.

Nah, I don't trust myself enough to administer the home haircut. Besides, would you trust someone to cut your hair who might or might not have said this today: "it's clean, I washed it in the microwave."

Where did my brain go?

So the Flowbee might not be the right product for our family, but yesterday I discovered a new use for the vacuum.

Nail trimmer.
Yep, I said it.

If you're not being careful and let your bare toe slip under the bottom of the vacuum, your nail will be trimmed. Thankfully my toe wasn't mangled, just nicely manicured (pedicured?). One time I got the cord stuck underneath the vacuum and it got majorly gnarled up, but my toe escaped without incurring any major damage.

Seriously folks, I don't know what I'm going to do with myself.

1 comment:

nancy said...

You Flowbed your toe?!
Ouch!
Just as long as you didn't Flowbee you remote control using finger. Now that would be truly tragic.