Sunday, May 30, 2010

Camping

No, not me. I don't camp.
I'm not very outdoorsy. I run outside. Sit by the pool outside. I enjoy crisp fall days and warm, sunny spring afternoons. I'm not opposed to evening walks or drinking iced tea on the front porch.

And that's pretty much where I draw the line.
Camping is just not my thing.

Caroline's friend's family invited her to join them for a night of camping this Memorial Day weekend. She happily agreed, because she's much more outdoorsy than me. I think that's just a kid thing. She doesn't have to worry about her make up dissolving from the heat and humidity. She likes to sweat and stink and will happily pour water on her head without any concern for her hair.

It's really warm this weekend and they'll be spending the majority of the day at a water park. Tonight they'll sleep in a tent and eat the cookies I baked for them.

What do you give someone who has rather bravely and graciously offered to take your child camping? I speak in butter and sugar so, not too surprisingly, decided to make cookies to say thanks.


Any opportunity to unearth my beloved, Ebony, from her hiding spot is a happy occasion for me.






Can you guess what kind of cookie I baked?




If you see cream of tartar, you can easily surmise that snickerdoodles are about to be made.






Action shot




That's vanilla in the bowl; not rotten eggs.












Mickey Mouse.





Ready to go!


No comments: