Sunday, May 23, 2010

Run Like A Girl (In The Rain!)




I had the great pleasure of participating in the Northern Virginia Girls on the Run 5k this morning. The weather was less than ideal, it rained and rained and rained some more, but the wet weather did nothing to dampen our spirits. I had so much fun and can't wait until next year when Caroline is old enough to participate.

Although, she has already informed me that she will be running with her dad and I will run with Sarah, again.

She's the boss.

Due to the rainy weather, I chose to leave my camera at home, which means I didn't get any pictures of the event. However, in the wee hours of the morning, before heading to the race, I managed to take a few.




I don't like running in cotton tshirts because they're so shapeless, dumpy and hot, but in the spirit of the event, I played along. Although, tying the bottom up a bit helped me feel less frumpy. Who doesn't love a little ribbon to embellish their race outfit?



Ribbon is ONLY acceptable in a girl's race.


Honestly, this was an easy event for me. I let Sarah dictate the run/walk intervals; it was her race, after all. I was merely along for the ride. The hardest part of the whole ordeal was trying to reorient ourselves in the proper parking lot so that we could find my car after the race.
Still, I had a great time. More than anything, this event was about the spirit of the occasion and honoring hard working young ladies. There's nothing better than running like a girl.

We finished the race, drenched from the rain, yet exhilarated from the race.

I even got a medal!



I've never received a medal before. Never mind the fact that I had to pay $5 for it.

I wish I had more pictures to share, but then again, we were sopping wet, so maybe it's for the best.

It's a good thing we were running a race and not entering a beauty contest.

No comments: