Monday, February 1, 2010

Some Stuff

So, I don't really have anything to report.
It's cold, the sun is shining, the kids are home from school for a teacher work day and I have a few baking projects and a trip to Borders to look forward to this afternoon.

Because it's been awhile, I thought I'd make a list of some random stuff. I like lists; I'm not super anal (surprised, much?) about lists. There aren't any master lists with list sub categories. No highlighted bullet points and different colored ink for different categories. Contrary to my normal freakish ways, my lists are generally scribbled on a post it note or a note pad I purchased from the dollar bin at Michael's. No pretense or semblance of organization.
Just words on a piece of paper that I'll probably end up forgetting to bring with me when I need it most.

Without further ado, a list of stuff.
  • I am making deconstructed broccoli and cheese stuffed chicken for dinner. I think I'll pair it with some orzo pasta, because every dinner needs some starch.
  • I'm baking another batch of double chocolate chunk cookies for the same guy who requested them for his divorce finalization celebration. His son loves them and wants more. And you know how eager I am to give the people what they want. I'm also making these chocolate caramel brownies for Craig's work peeps, so they don't feel left out.
  • I ran a 5k on the treadmill in 26:20. I think that is my fastest time, yet. I then did Body Pump, which is one of my favorite classes. Except I forgot my weight lifting gloves and now I'll probably end up with calluses on my palms.
  • Caroline isn't a fan of the kid's zone at my gym, it doesn't hold a candle to the awesome kid's gym we had at our YMCA in Georgia. She doesn't have to come with me often, but when she does, let's just say her enthusiasm is lacking. I feel kind of bad about that; I don't want her to be bored. But, it's only for 90 minutes. Because I'm a self sacrificing mother, I cut the workout short for her. You may applaud me now. And still, my self sacrificing ways have done nothing to appease Caroline.
  • I'm SO VERY TIRED of having winter related dry skin. My hands always look so horrible in the winter. They look horrible all the time, since I have ginormous man hands, but they look especially worse for wear in the winter. I liberally apply lotion, but it doesn't matter. How are you supposed to have supple hands when lotion doesn't work? It's not like I can stop washing my hands or doing the dishes. I'd like to, but life doesn't work that way. Well, the dishes, anyway. I don't think there is a way in hell I'd be able to stop washing my hands.
  • I'm a stubborn person, in case you didn't know. If there is a battle of wills to be had, you better believe I'll be holding out until the end. It's not a particularly attractive quality, but it's mine. I own it. Because of my stubbornness, I haven't said more than a few words to Craig all weekend. I got mad over something stupid, which I'm apt to do, and because he made me mad, I didn't feel the need to say anything to him. Have I mentioned that I'm stubborn? At one point I broke the silence to inform Craig that dinner was ready and he was all gloaty and said "so YOU broke the silence first." Let me tell you, that made me even madder. Yep, I'm five. I admit it. Craig called a bit ago and I had to answer the phone, because that would be rude, and I'm NEVER rude, so technically HE broke the second silence. So there!
  • Now I feel worse about my stubborn streak because Craig just called to inform me of his official deployment date. The date is set in stone, but the details are still sketchy, but it doesn't matter because I can't exactly share any details, at this time. You'll know sooner or later. Thankfully, he'll be here for his 39th birthday, which is on the 5th.
  • Aren't you glad I'm honest?
  • I'd rather be less petty than honest, but well, I'm 95% sure I inherited my stubborn streak from my dad, thereby making it genetic and irreversible. Um, sure. That sounds about right.

And so this concludes the latest installment of random stuff in list form, not to be confused with my daily postings of random stuff NOT in list form, but rather in lengthy paragraph form. I have three girls eager to go to Borders, so it would be in best interest to remove myself from the laptop and get moving.


No comments: