Sunday, February 21, 2010

Breakfast and a Show

(source)


Shh, don't tell my dad, a loyal Dunkin Donuts customer, that we went to Krispy Kreme this morning. This news is devastating enough that it just might warrant the removal of my name from his will! The trip to Krispy Kreme was a maiden voyage for both Caroline and me; like I said, we're Dunkin enthusiasts. Actually, we're not big doughnut eaters. Caroline, naturally, is a fan, but doughnuts are *generally* a rare occurance in her diet. I've always had an unhealthy relationship with food, particularly where doughnuts and other "bad" foods are concerned, so I don't eat them. Besides, on the rare occasion that I have indulged, I've been the recipient of a raging case of heartburn.


My dad doesn't eat doughnuts either; he just REALLY loves Dunkin Donut's coffee. And really, who could blame him?

At Caroline's class Valentine's party on Friday, she and her fellow classmates were the lucky recipients of a Krispy Kreme valentine.









That Marques is a smart boy. If there is any way to the heart of an 8 year old girl, it's through a free doughnut.

Oh how I wish I would have brought my camera to Krispy Kreme. Caroline got such a kick out of watching the doughnuts being made. She was particularly enamored with the waterfall of glaze the doughnuts swam through after coming out of the fryer. As a matter of fact, I'm a fan of glaze waterfalls, myself.

Like mother, like daughter.

I asked Caroline if the Krispy Kreme was better than a Dunkin Donut, but she couldn't say. They were both good.

She's such a diplomat.

Doughnut shop diplomacy is of utmost importance in our family; obviously she wants to remain in grandpa's good graces, as well.

2 comments:

nancy said...

I'm telling Dad!
:)

Alison said...

You're bluffing.

Hey, did you get my email about the valentimes? I really should check my mail more often. Thanks!