Monday, January 3, 2011

Third Time's The Charm



(source)


I think I have a camera problem.

After killing two point and shoot cameras in two months time last year and then purchasing my highly coveted DSLR camera, I bought another point and shoot a few days ago.  I sure hope the third time is the charm and this camera lasts a little longer than its predecessors.

I love my Canon Rebel; it takes great pictures.  But....it's big and  bulky.  In some applications, having a cumbersome camera is, well...cumbersome.  I wanted something compact to carry with me during the marathon next week.

I've been plotting this purchase ever since I broke point and shoot number two on Halloween.  But because I didn't want to come off like some spoiled  brat who gets everything she wants, I waited for a good sale and used some Amazon gift cards, which I earned from my credit card points.

The $179 camera I had been eyeing was on sale for $109 the weeks before and after Christmas.  I had $50 in gift certificates from my credit card plus another $20 gift card I received when I bought Craig's ipod touch. Thanks to a little patience and a couple of rather large credit card  bills, which resulted in lots of redeemable points, I bought a new Canon Power Shot SD1300 for $39!!

Score.

I opted for blue this time.  I like pink and probably would have preferred it, but even though my other pink camera and I had a great relationship, it ended badly; I didn't want to tempt fate.  I also liked the one green,  except it was $20 more.

So blue it is.

It's amazing how much I've changed, photographically speaking.  In the past two years, I've gone from hardly ever taking pictures (most of which were really bad) to feeling naked without my camera.


Next up:  build up my camera arsenal.

First stop:  lenses.


I have a feeling I'm going to need a whole lot of credit card points when that time comes.

No comments: