Sunday, January 9, 2011

Priceless



Two Disney World Marathon registration fees:  $288

Three airplane tickets to Orlando:  $568

Four nights in a Disney World hotel:  you don't even want to know

Blood, sweat, tears, sore legs, determination and blisters:  immeasurable

Crossing the finish line at your first marathon:  priceless




We don't have our official time yet, but according to our watches, we finished in 4:33:12.

It was hard, but it was fun, too.  Well, except for the last four miles; those kind of sucked.

 Today has been a good day!

7 comments:

Hilary said...

So proud of you!!!

Sarah said...

Congrats! It is such a great feeling to finish your first marathon and you had a great time too!

Alison said...

Thanks, ladies!

We're off to EPCOT today. All marathon finishers get a free park ticket today.

Michelle said...

Great job! I know how much work a marathon is and I hope your legs feel ok today. One of my best friends did the Goofy this year- he is crazy.... or at least goofy ;) I think his marathon time was 3:40. My best is 4:20!

I think Disney is so smart- you get a pass for the next day so you have to walk it out!!

Sissy said...

I'm so proud of you Alison. You don't even look like you broke a sweat!

Anonymous said...

That is awesome!!! good for you girl!

Alison said...

Thanks everyone! It really is a great feeling and surprisingly, I don't feel any more sore than I did after a 18-20 mile raining run.

Michelle--I can't believe how many people participated in the Goofy Challange. They're definitely goofy. Hard core, but goofy, indeed. Congrats to your goofy friend! A 3:40 marathon is great...especially after running a half the day before.

Sissy--there was much sweat happening. Believe me. :)