Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Look Mom, No Cracks!




Sure, the edges might be a tad too brown and there are some strange little brown spots dotting the surface, BUT my cheesecake didn't crack.

Hallelujah!  Miracles do happen.

Of course, the apple topping (unpictured because I'm a bonehead and forgot) covered the crack-less surface, so my triumph will go unnoticed by the cheesecake consumers.   It's all good, though.  I know the truth.  And now, so do you.

Victory is sweet.

Speaking of sweet, the apple topping portion of the cheesecake is especially delicious.  Caroline went crazy for it and acted like one of those begging dogs you have to keep shooing away from the Thanksgiving table before it tries to snatch some of your dinner.  I finally had to give her a big spoonful of the apples just to keep her out of my way.

If you like to bake and ever find the need or desire to bake a cheesecake, I suggest you give this one a try.  If you're like me and are  slightly afraid of butter and cream due to their coronary clogging implications, just pretend the recipe doesn't have four blocks of cream cheese and 6 oz of heavy cream in it.  Or bake it and send it to work with your spouse.  That's how I handle my love for baking with my fear of needing triple bypass surgery when I'm older.

In other news (I seem to say that a lot, don't I?), I actually haven't any other news to report.  It's raining.  And humid.  My hair isn't responding well to this humidity.  Not that it ever responds well to non-humid air.

Um, yeah.  I really have nothing else to share.

I hope your day is more exciting than mine.  :)

2 comments:

Hilary said...

I wondered how you do all of this baking and also don't weigh 300 pounds... I don't know if I could make a cheesecake that looks that good and send it out. You must have some serious willpower.

Alison said...

I pretty much only bake for others, either my husband's co workers or for school bake sales and functions. I never bake goodies just for us. If I do, it's low fat pumpkin or banana bread, or something unexciting like that. My poor deprived family!

I'm good, willpower wise, when something is left whole. If I'm cutting brownies or other bar type goodies, I always taste more than my fair share. I love the corner pieces!