Thursday, June 30, 2011

Check Your Control At The Door

Uh oh.



Busted.

I went to Trader Joe's for almond butter



and somehow three bags worth of food wound up in my cart.



I hate when that happens.




I got some fun stuff, though.  Well, depending on your definition of FUN.

Yellow zucchini is fun, right?


Not to be confused with yellow crookneck squash.  Caroline doesn't like yellow squash much, but she loves zucchini.  I think they're pretty much the same thing, but she notices a difference.  Perhaps yellow zucchini will suit all of her veggie desires?



I fed Caroline and her friends some Spaghetti Os for lunch the other day (classy, no?) and they acted like it was the best lunch ever. 


I'm glad they're so easily amused.


Caroline and friends might have fallen in love with Spaghetti Os (or their organic counterpart), but I can't help but be attracted to baskets full of little plums.



I'm easily amused, too.

I'm going crunchy again; I bought some vegetarian friendly protein today.




I've cooked both tempeh and tofu once before with extremely unsuccessful results.  I'm hoping these tasty looking sauces help me whip up something a bit more palatable.

ugh! sorry for the fuzzy, crooked picture

I'll let you know how that turns out.

In other news, I'm doing a two-a-day at the gym today.  Because I'm hardcore like that. ;)  My gym is introducing a new 30 minute core workout called CX30; there is a sneak preview class this evening.  I didn't intend on going because 1) I never exercise in the evening and 2) I would hate to drag Caroline there after a full day of camp.  One of the trainers convinced me I should give it a try, so I asked my 12 year old neighbor if she'd like to earn a little extra cash by keeping an eye on Caroline.

Naturally, she agreed.  Who wouldn't want to earn a few easy bucks?

Caroline is an easy charge.

I actually have Sarah lined up to kid-sit Caroline a few days next week so I can go to the gym.  I'll end up paying three times as much for Sarah's services as I would  for child care at the gym, but it's a better fit. For all parties.   Everyone wins!  Hooray!  Caroline doesn't have to go to the Kids Zone, Sarah earns a few bucks and I can exercise guilt free.  The only one who loses is Craig because I'm paying Sarah with his hard earned money.

:)

No comments: