Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Books 'n Pans



I'm practically as giddy as a school girl because recently I've had the opportunity to introduce Caroline to some of my favorite childhood books.  Together, we read through the Ramona Quimby series a few years ago, which I loved as much the second time around as the first.  But now that Caroline is older and capable of reading chapter books on her own (she's on number seven of the Harry Potter Series), I'm so happy that The Baby-Sitters Club books have made a reappearance.  For quite some time, they were noticeably absent from library and book store shelves, but for whatever reason, they're back, baby.



I grabbed one from the library shelves a few weeks ago and, just as I did, over twenty years ago, Caroline read it with gusto.  The Scholastic Book Club  had a set of 6 for $24 in their last school flyer, so I quickly placed an order.  And tacked on book number seven, for good measure.

Now Caroline has some summer reading material.


I have a confession to make.  I've been a little extra indulgent on the shopping front lately.  I lack nothing; I need nothing; I should buy nothing.  And yet, I've been hitting the stores like it's my job.

A part of me is yearning for some freshening up.  Another part of me knows that during the summer, I won't have the opportunity to shop much because Caroline is NOT a willing shopping buddy, so I'm storing up my shopping, like a squirrel gathers nuts for the winter.  Actually, it's probably good that I won't shop much for the next few months.  It's not like I need anything, anyway.  The bank account shall thank me.

However, I did, kinda sorta need these new pans.






Excuse the horrible picture, please.

Would you care to wager a guess as to how much I paid for these three pans?

Did you guess .98?

Yep, .98.

Don't worry, I'm not some sort of bargain hunting wizard.  I earned some Amazon.com gift cards from my credit card and redeemed them to purchase some new cookware.  My current skillets are quite tragic looking; they're well loved, well used and well...they've seen better days.

I love this one.  It's huge.  And deep.  It's oven safe, too.




Totally worth .98.

Totally.

1 comment:

Punny mommy said...

I bought a wok at IKEA yesterday. Now I'm ready to wok and woll!
haaaaaaaa....haaaaaaaaa....