Thursday, June 2, 2011

June Junk and Other Miscellany

I can't believe it's already June!  I meant to blog yesterday so I could write my obligatory 'wow, it's June already; I can't believe this year is nearly half way over' statement.  But I didn't.

A decree on the second day of June will have to suffice.

Even though I had planned to issue my obligatory monthly statement regarding the quick passage of time, I had nothing else to blog about yesterday.  And this morning, I also have nothing to blog about, but here I am, anyway.  Yep, it's been that kind of week.

Ooh, I did get free chocolate yesterday.  Just as I had predicted in Tuesday's post. 

Free chocolate is cool.

It's morning.  I'm generally an afternoon blogger.  Mostly because I spend the majority of my morning praying I'll have something to write about in the afternoon.  But I'm up and have a few more minutes before I have to wake Caroline.  Lately I've been setting my alarm for 5:45 am.  However, thanks to the sun and its blinding early morning rays, I don't really need to use the alarm.  I have no reason to rise so early, but I kind of enjoy it.  I get up, make some coffee or tea, sit at the computer and even read for a bit.  It's a relaxing way to ease into the day.

I guess you can say I'm a morning person.  Not necessarily a chipper morning person, but a morning person, nonetheless.  I like to wake early and to feel productive in the morning, but I do not like to talk in the morning.  I think that's why I like to rise before anyone else.  I can get ease into things and then be ready to talk when Caroline wakes up.  Because that girl?  She likes to talk in the morning.

In other news, I practiced my mental telepathy skills yesterday....and they worked.  You see, it was rather warm yesterday and Caroline had soccer practice scheduled for 5:30.  Normally practice is at 5, but on Tuesday, the coach emailed and suggested  moving it to 5:30 in hopes that it wouldn't be AS hot.  We all agreed.  But as 5:30 started approaching yesterday, it was still really, really hot.  Now I'm not a genius by any stretch of the imagination, but it occurred to me that twelve 9-10 year old girls would do nothing but complain about being hot the entire length of practice.  The very thought that they might have a productive practice was laughable.  So, around 4pm I started sending telepathic messages to Caroline's coach, suggesting he cancel practice all together.

It took some time, but wouldn't you know, it worked!  He canceled practice.

We are weather weenies.   Not the least bit hard core.

Proud.  Unashamed. Weather weenies.

**EDITED to fix my spelling mistakes.  Perhaps I should remain an afternoon blogger and save the mornings for things other than trying to type coherent sentences.**

No comments: