Monday, April 25, 2011

Together We Can Fight Easter Seals

I have to share this funny story with you all.

A couple of weeks ago, I was in Safeway doing my double coupon thing when a Safeway employee came over the loud speaker to encourage the shoppers to give a few dollars at the register to support the March of Dimes.  She went on to talk about the importance of Easter Seals and the March of Dimes' efforts to eradicate birth defects, etc.

At the end of her little speech, she thanked us all for being wonderful customers, blah, blah, blah and then said "with the help of your donations, together we can fight Easter Seals."

I laughed out loud right there in the cereal aisle when she said that. 

Last I checked, Easter Seals wasn't a medical condition. :)

Craig left this morning to make the long trip back to Savannah.  I'm glad he had the chance to visit, even though his stay was short and sandwiched between two nine hour car trips.  Our Easter was nice, if not a bit unorthodox.  It involved a trip to the gym, bowling, eating dinner at Noodles and Company and concluded with a rousing political debate, which didn't really end well.  In case you didn't know, Craig's favorite game is 'let's push Alison's buttons and watch her head explode by playing the devil's advocate." It never gets old for him.  Never.

So, like I said, our Easter was definitely unorthodox, BUT chocolate bunnies were consumed, so I suppose it all evens out in the end.

It's rather warm today.  So warm, in fact, that I broke down and turned on the air conditioner.  I didn't intend to, mostly because I'm cheap  I'm hardcore like that the rest of the week is supposed to be much milder in temperature, but it was hot when I got home from the gym and I don't particularly enjoy sweating inside my own home.

Some may call me weak, but I really don't care. 

And so this concludes a rather disjointed weekend review.

Hope you all had a nice weekend, too!  Minus the political debate, of course.

2 comments:

Insert Name Here said...

Craig is a Barry Junior! Bad Craig! Boo!
No more button pushing allowed!

Oh, poor dad. Between yours and Laura's teasing back and forth about not wanting Dad to live with you (which I started), I think he may have felt a teeny bit unwanted. It's hard to tell. He's so brave and all.
Our Easter involved watching CSI: Miami, CSI: New York and House while Dad iced his injured foot.
No chocolate bunnies were consumed.
:(

Save the Easter Seals!

Alison said...

Oops, I didn't mean to hurt dad's feelings.
We were just joking. You know, like how he does the same with us, concerning you. ;)

I hope his foot is better. Should he go to the doctor? I'm sure he hates being immobile.

You should eat a chocolate bunny. Jesus would approve.