Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Ridiculous Pet Peeve

Earlier today I started writing a different kind of post.  A more thoughtful and dare I say, deep kind of post, but I chucked it. It was stupid.  And I'm not good at emoting.  Verbal or written.  For starters, it makes me insanely uncomfortable, but also, I feel like I have a hard time making sense in a pithy fashion.

I honestly don't like writing much at all, which seems dumb considering the fact that I write a blog.  I'm pretty self conscious of my ability (or lack thereof) to get all the words out in a coherent fashion.  That's why I blog about frivolous things.  I suppose it's just monumentally easier to write about food or how my child and her friends torment me with their tent building, mess making schemes, then to talk about real stuff.  You know, like feelings and such.  I've never been a fan of 'heart to heart' talks; I'm much better suited for shallow topics like food and shopping.  I hesitate to even think about what this means about my character. 

It's funny, though.  Because earlier today I was drinking some coffee and thought to myself that drinking a cup of coffee is nice, but it's much nicer when you're able to share a conversation with a friend while drinking that cup of coffee.

Anyway, since I've chucked my original post, I thought I'd share with you one of my most ridiculous pet peeves.  Because you know your life won't be complete without knowing this valuable information.

Drum roll, please....... I really hate when people type or say ice tea or ice coffee instead of iced tea or iced coffee.

I know this is completely insane, but so help me God, it drives me nuts.

The tea or coffee is iced; it's cold and poured over ice, therefore rendering it ICED.    You drink an ice cold soda when you're thirsty, but you order an iced coffee from Dunkin Donuts.  You pour ice cold milk over your raisin bran in the morning, but drink iced tea with your lunch.

Whew.  It felt good to get that off my chest.

Who needs to write deep, emotive posts about feelings when you can unload your pent up pet peeve frustrations instead?

Talk about catharsis.

Also?  If you happen to be the kind of person who types or says ice coffee or ice tea, please know that I did not intend to offend you. I certainly don't think any less of you and hope you understand that my pet peeve rant was merely a way for me to vent a bit and help me get over the fact that I'm an emotionally stunted, sub-par writer.

1 comment:

I'm Peeved 2 said...

You are a very GOOD writer, you dolt.
And I'm not just saying this because I'm yo mama.
That said, on to MY pet peeve (or one of many).....people saying "anxious" when they should say "eager."
Unless you are terrified of Mickey Mouse you are EAGER to go to Disney World, not ANXIOUS.
So there.