Friday, April 29, 2011

Spoke Too Soon

Guess what I'm doing this morning?

If you guessed chaperoning a field trip, you're a smarty pants.

Brandon's mom has a hurt foot and cannot comfortably walk around the Museum of Natural History and keep an eye on her charges, so I'm the lucky soul who gets to take her place.

I realize it's not a huge problem since I was already guilted into going, but now I have to ride the school bus.  And be accountable for other people's children in a crowded museum.  Oh, my life!

Did I mention I have to ride the school bus? 

Here I thought I'd read a book while the Metro transported me downtown, sweep in, eyeball the exhibits with Caroline, not having to carry the other children's lunches or, you know, pay attention to them.  But now?  So long easy life!

On the bright side, now I don't have to pay $6 for Metro fare and $4.50 for parking at the Metro station.  Cheap speaks to me, so I guess I'll just be a big girl and chaperone my heart out.

Do you think this means I'm back in the running for Mother of the Year?

;)

No comments: