Saturday, April 16, 2011

Rainy Day

It's wet out there today.  Thankfully, we don't have snow like they have in South Dakota, nor did we have to evacuate our houses or wake up to tornado sirens blaring in the middle of the night, as those in Oklahoma and Alabama did.

It's just wet, wet rain.  Cloudy, dreary, wet, wet rain.

I love a good rainy day.

To top this great rainy day off, I got to spend some time drinking coffee and reading in Panera this morning while Caroline and two friends were at a birthday party.  And even more better (!), Caroline is going with a different friend to another party this evening and then sleeping over at her house.   I mean, I love my kid and all, but she likes to sleep in my bed on the weekends;  between the rolling around and these odd popping noises she makes while she sleeps, my own sleep suffers.  And that's no bueno.

Rain + coffee + reading + uninterrupted sleep = yee haw!

It's funny how I went from being happy to run in the gorgeous, sunny spring weather yesterday to being equally as happy to enjoy this rainy day.  Who knew I could be so agreeable?

Perhaps someone sprinkled happy flakes in my coffee this morning?

5 comments:

Sarah said...

I love a good rainy day as well. Don't see too many of those in SoCal though! :)

Mary @ Bites and Bliss said...

Rain makes me so happy, too. It's so relaxing!

Craig's M-I-L said...

Hooray for rain and no kid!
Just visited with your hubs. He said only good things about you. Just so ya know.

Alison said...

That's because he hasn't seen me in a while. He always thinks I'm great when he doesn't have to live with me!

The party plans didn't happen; Bailey's family had a friend drop by unexpectedly, but the sleepover is still happening. Whew!

Sissy said...

Yay for alone time. I do love some alone time and reading is one of my favorite activities, as you well know. Love it!