Monday, August 2, 2010

Um.

Um, yeah. I got nothing.

Except bad grammar.

I must admit that this has been one highly uneventful day. Aside from a trip to the grocery store, not a whole lot has happened today. I bought chunky peanut butter. That's exciting. Ooh, and some clementines and dark chocolate.

Otherwise? Welcome to Blah City.

I just dropped Caroline off at her evening soccer camp. From 5-8 pm each night this week, she'll be kicking, running and practicing her mad soccer skilz. She was the only girl there when I dropped her off; hopefully some others showed up. If not, I guess it's a good thing that she plays so well with boys.

I'm currently seriously annoyed that ABC Family preempted my beloved 5pm Gilmore Girls for an afternoon marathon of The Secret Life of the American Teenager, which, happens to be the WORST show ever. It's like 7th Heaven: 2.0. With even suckier acting. I couldn't watch more than 5 minutes of it without wanting to simultaneously gag, roll my eyes and throw the remote at the tv. Seriously? It's terrible.

If you happen to enjoy watching The Secret Life of the American Teenager, please excuse my rant above. It's okay. I watch all sorts of garbage on tv (cough, The Bachelorette, cough), so who am I to judge?

Some things just affect me more than others: not being able to watch the Gilmore Girls because it's been replaced by a far less superior, poorly acted, teen melodrama, the use of the phrases "the _____ is bursting with flavor" or "the _____ popped in my mouth" when describing food, other people's hair in the shower drains at the gym (shudder),the way some Facebook friends drop the "g" on any word that ends with "ing", and when people write ice tea instead of iced tea.

Whew.

I feel better. I just needed to get all that off my chest.

Now, if you'll please excuse me, I must check to see if my DVR is set for The Bachelorette finale tonight.

You know, since I have such high standards and all.

3 comments:

Sissy said...

Yes, the Bachelorette is on my schedule for this evening.

Alison said...

Yay for trashy tv!
I've been spoiled by Reality Steve and know the outcome, but I still watch because I enjoy a good train wreck.

Anonymous said...

AWE... I don't have television anymore but I would be just as upset about the Gilmore Girls... I love that show...