You know, the usual.
- My very generous neighbor invited Caroline to join her family at King's Dominion, an amusement/water park, today. Thank you, Marcey! Caroline is excited to finally ride some big rides; I'm a well documented, loud and proud chicken of the highest order and do not like thrill rides. Today, Caroline has thrill ride enthusiasts in her midst, which works for everyone. Hopefully she doesn't turn out to be a big chicken like her old mom.
- The FiOS man came at 10am. I'm so glad I didn't have to wait around all day. Since it takes 4-6 hours, it would have stunk mightily if he didn't come until 2pm. Our FiOS is installed and seems to be running smoothly. The only problem I had was trying to create my voice mail account on my home phone. That took a lot longer than I'm willing to admit. Seriously. I was stumped. Kind of pathetic, eh? I still have not cancelled my other cable service. I'll do it tomorrow. I HAVE to. Tomorrow I'll be brave.
- I had to buy a new alarm clock today. I need a battery operated clock because the electrical outlet I previously used for our current clock is now reserved for a new cable box that came with our FiOS order. The clock I bought is cute and battery operated BUT the numbers don't illuminate. I like to see the time from across the room and you can't see the time on a non-illuminated clock in the dark. Alarm clock: FAIL. I'd return it, but I destroyed the box and it was only $6. It may come in handy in some other application. You never know, I might come into the possession of night vision goggles or something. It could happen.
- I've been on a bed sheet finding mission. We need new sheets desperately. I'm tempted to buy white sheets because I'm really digging the crisp, clean look right now, but I'm fearful that white sheets won't stand a chance against our slovenly ways. Well, not MY slovenly ways, as I do not have any, but the slovenly ways of my roommates. Especially that child of mine who loves to eat breakfast in my bed. I already have imparted strict "no body part" limitations on my decorator pillows; perhaps a "no eating and/or other potentially messy behaviors allowed on my bed" rule is necessary. I think I've 98% decided on white, with some extra pillowcases in a non-white color. I'm embarrassed to admit how much time I've spent searching for the perfect sheet set. Between the Internet searches and the perusal of the linen aisles in several different stores, I've spent a LOT of time searching, debating and comparing the price/thread count/color/wrinkle factor of sheets. I need a hobby. Or a job.
- I guess that's all I have to say. I suppose bringing out the bullet point list wasn't exactly necessary, but my thoughts and words are rather disjointed this evening. In my opinion, the bullet point list makes disjointed thoughts perfectly acceptable. And I'm all about acceptance.