Monday, August 9, 2010

Feeling Fruity



Or as I like to say: no fruit left behind.

I'm in a serious fruit eating mode; I think scorching summer weather might have something to do with that. In fact, because it's been so hot lately, I've taken to eating frozen fruit straight from the freezer. Frozen peaches and grapes are my current favorites.




Our fruit bowl is overflowing and I couldn't be happier. I could be happier about the quality of the photos I'm sharing, but I woke up without my patience and really didn't feel like fussing with my insubordinate fruit or my camera too much.








Aside from my new found fruit fetish, I can't say that anything fabulous is happening. I painted my toe nails yesterday. I never paint my toenails. At one point in my life, I did. I remember having blue toe nails and maybe even green. So cheeky.


Tomorrow I have to wait for the FiOS man to come and install our new cable/phone/Internet junk. I requested an afternoon appointment so I could go to the gym in the morning. They're coming between 8am and 5pm. I'm glad they honored my request. ;) According to the information provided, it'll take 4-6 hours to install everything. I'm not sure I'm going to like being without Internet for 4-6 hours.

It's worth it, though. Our current cable situation isn't that great; it's my belief that your TV should not randomly shut off, turn back on, shut off again and then spend 10 minutes reloading, at least once a week. I'm looking forward to FiOS but I am DREADING calling our current provider to cancel the service. I don't want them to be all pushy, snarky or defensive. I won't cave, but I still don't want to be scolded for betraying our cable provider.


Breaking up is hard to do.

How about you? Do you paint your nails? How do you feel about fruit?

Will one of you be my hero and call my cable provider for me?

2 comments:

Mudder said...

Yes, I do paint my toe nee nees (shout out to Laura!), a pale, sparkly pink. But not my fing (fing) ger (ger) nay (nay) uls (uls). Feenerneenees.
And I like fruit.

Dad brought home two pieces of heroin (cake) the other night....BUT it had whipped cream frosting. Retch.

Alison said...

You're so strange, Mudder. What's with all these log in names; do you pick one to suit the outfit you're wearing? I was telling Caroline that I needed a paler color for my toes, and she said "oh, like Grandma's."

Tell dad unless he pays attention to details (such as frosting type) he's failing as a crack dealer and will therefore be terminated.

Maybe dad can call the cable company for me; I'm sure he needs a project. Nah, he'll have too much fun and probably embarrass the family name even more than we already have. :)