Tuesday, August 3, 2010

A Public Service Announcement

If for any reason you're at the gym, listening to your ipod whilst on the rowing machine, if you happen to remove your headphones so that you can more easily converse with one of your gym buddies, please make sure your ear buds do not fall anywhere near the vicinity of the rowing machine seat.

For if your ear buds happen to come into contact with the rowing machine seat, you just might have a situation on your hands.




An unfortunate situation.




Oopsie.


Guess who had to buy new ear phones today?

Yep. I did.

Two words: Accident. Prone.

It's truly amazing that I've managed to keep myself alive for this long. As klutzy and air headed as I am, the fact that I haven't fallen down an elevator shaft or walked in front of a moving vehicle is an absolute miracle. I've run into a parking meter before and I scorch and scar my hands while cooking on a regular basis. I run into dresser corners resulting in gnarly bruised thighs and I once ran over one of the neighbor kid's bikes because I couldn't see it in my driveway. Oh yeah, and I rowed over my ipod earphones today.


Two more words: Walking. Disaster.

The good news is that the earphones just like the ones I bought four weeks ago and then proceeded to row to smithereens this morning are on sale at Target this week.

I probably should have thought ahead and bought two pairs since I'm clearly not a responsible ear phone owner. However, today, I'm turning over a new leaf; I hear by vow to commit myself to the practice of safe rowing.

I'll be sure to let you know how this new vow pans out; I have a feeling I'd be better off getting to know the people in the Target electronics department on a first name basis.

No comments: