Sunday, December 19, 2010

More Ornaments!?

I know, I know, I've already discussed ornaments ad nauseum, but I can't help it; tree ornaments, alongside Starbucks red cups, baking and Christmas music, are my favorite part of Christmas.    I took some pictures of a few of the ornaments I've added to the tree this year, plus a few others I just wanted to share.

I love using my blog for show and tell.  It makes me feel like a special kindergartner, sitting criss-cross applesauce (although, in my day we called it indian style), in circle time, all over again.

When Caroline and I visited my parents in Florida this summer, I picked up this flip flop ornament.  If seems strange purchasing Christmas ornaments in July, but the store had them out on a Christmas tree, so I assume I'm not the only crazy one out there.




When Craig was on his way home from Afghanistan in August, his plane touched down in Bangor, Maine.  I was born in Maine, so you can imagine that I was especially happy to receive this moose dressed in Gorton Fisherman overalls, holding a lobster.  If you look real carefully, you'll see some strands of super glue hanging from the moose's antlers and from the bib on his overalls.  Unfortunately, he didn't survive the remaining flights, from Maine to Georgia and then back to DC, fully intact.  Super glue to the rescue!




Along with our 'Good luck' 2010 ornament, Craig picked up this little guy in Ireland, as well.




This I found in the Walmart craft section the first year we were married.  My mom, the one with the steady hand and impeccable hand writing (I bet she'd be good at decorating cookies!), wrote our names.



Craig earned this one.  Enough said.



Um, this one speaks for itself.




In the spirit of fairness and family harmony, our tree gives Dunkin Donuts a shout out, too.  My dad is a loyal DD drinker; I like it too, but I prefer it iced.  And right now, with snow on the ground and our heater running constantly, iced coffee is out of the question.




From our trip to Williamsburg.




This one is from Mt. Vernon, which is just a few miles from our house.  It was FREEEZING the day we went and I think we spent $20 on hot chocolate and ice cream (yes, ice cream for Caroline and her friend).



A couple of years ago I went through a crafty phase and bought these do-it-yourself stained glass ornaments from Michael's.  Please do your best to ignore the bubbles and amatuer workmanship.




And finally, a pretzel ornament, which I purchased at a pretzel factory when we vacationed in Pennsylvania last year.





There are many more to share, but I'll spare you.  For now. ;)

I'll be back tomorrow with more interesting (or not) things to share.  This time, it's about my feet.  But no blister talk, I promise.

Do I know how to keep a reader engaged, or what?

No comments: