Thursday, June 11, 2009

I've Stopped Trying To Make Sense

But before I babble on about my senselessness, here's a quick note for my pal Sissy. For a small "recaplet" of Top Chef Masters, go here. Check back in a few days and they should have a full, multi paged recap filled with great detail, snark and perhaps a little bit of um, salty language. I thought maybe Hulu.com would carry the full episode, but it appears that Bravo is stingy with it's video sharing.




Right before Craig was leaving for work, Ty the service guy called to let me know that my car was ready for pick up. Perfect timing, Ty. They're probably relieved that I'm single handedly keeping their Ford dealership in business with all the money we just spent. My 30,000 mile service is just around the corner, so they'll be getting some more pretty soon.


After retrieving my car, and armed with lots of extra time to spare before picking Caroline up from school, I decided to go to Trader Joes. Only, I didn't make it to Trader Joes. Instead I was side tracked by a Vitamin Shoppe across the street from the Ford dealer.


I've been on the lookout for some chia seeds after reading about their meritorious nutritional benefits. Armed with a new blender after a disastrous smoothie making session, I have developed a fascination with green smoothies. According to the chia package, they make a super nutritional addition to smoothies. Hopefully super nutritional translates into super tasty.
Somehow I remain doubtful, but I'll give it a shot.




From what I gather, the chia seeds I bought to choke down consume are the same chia seeds that Caroline and I once smeared over Scooby Doo's head and watched grow into an untamable afro.


Hopefully they don't sprout in my belly.

By reading this, one would suppose that I'm some crazy health nut. Here's the thing....I'm a paradox of gargantuan proportion. I'm not going to even try to make sense of my diametrically opposed style of eating.

As I sit here typing about chia seeds and green smoothies after eating a breakfast concoction of greek yogurt, banana and unprocessed bran and a salad for lunch, I'm drinking a 44oz Super Big Gulp of Diet Pepsi. And before I left to pick up my car, I finished off my healthy lunch with a couple edges of the browned butter toffee blondies I made for Craig's work peeps. Oh, and a spoonful of peanut butter and a (small) handful of chocolate chips.

I'm shameful. And backwards.



But it's not my fault. You see, I had two dollars burning a hole in my wallet. The 7-11 practically called out my name. This is precisely why I do not carry cash; if my wallet was as empty as it usually is, I wouldn't have thought twice about stopping.

I was going to make myself a smoothie when I got home, but now I'm too full from the gallon of diet Pepsi I just drank.

Stupid two dollars.





No comments: